Patriotic Streamers for Kids are tons of fun and so easy to make!
Busy Boys Brigade is big on patriotic pride! We make sure to start each homeschool day with the Pledge of Allegiance. The Fun, Frugal, & Easy Patriotic Streamers are a fantastic addition to our Morning Gathering-and other patriotic lessons as well!
Great craft to include in lessons for Memorial Day, Flag Day, Fourth of July, and all other patriotic days of remembrance!
Materials are common household materials excluding one: washi tape. (Although it’s such a crafty trend right now that perhaps many have on hand?) Can you believe it? This craft was my first time using washi tape! Yeah, I know-I need to get out there and shop more (ugh!).
Try this frugal, fun, and easy patriotic craft with your family-you won’t be sorry you did!
- cardboard tubes (we used toilet paper rolls but you can go crazy and use paper towel rolls-or really go crazy and use a dowel rod!)
- crepe paper streamers-red, white, and blue
- washi tape (I found patriotic tape at Walmart for 89¢ a roll-score!)-optional
- scissors (or have fun just tearing the crepe paper-my boys get a kick out of that-big muscles!)
1. To begin, determine how long you want your Patriotic Handheld Streamers to be. Think about who will be using them. An older child will probably be okay with longer streamers than a toddler, if you catch my drift.
2. Also, what will you be using your Patriotic Streamers for? Possible ideas include: during Relaxed Tot Time, dance party (we have one typically once a day!-great energy release!), patriotic lesson, music, and outdoor fun.
One fun idea is to place one on each end of bike handlebars & secure with tape. Watch your kids eyes light up with glee as they cruise around showing off their patriotic pride! (see below for how Busy Boys Brigade have fun with their Fun, Frugal, & Easy Patriotic Streamers on their bikes!)
3. Select one color of crepe paper and cover cardboard tube. We had more white so that’s what we went with. Stick piece of tape on one end of streamer & wind around the tube until completely covered. Fasten end of streamer onto tube with tape.
4. Cut (or tear) red, white, and blue crepe paper streamers into appropriate lengths.
5. Apply tape to one end of streamer. I like to get multiple pieces of tape at the ready-call me crazy!
6. Stick tape with streamer onto end of cardboard tube. Repeat with other two streamers.
7. To secure streamers onto tube, place two strips of washi tape around tape and streamers.
8. And, voila!, your Patriotic Streamer is complete!
Now, go out and show your patriotic pride with your family! Have a blast with this simple and fun craft!
How will you & your kids use Fun, Frugal, & Easy Patriotic Streamers?