Homeschool Code Academy is the BEST way to help your kids learn how to code.
With a systematic approach, your students will be wowing you with their new computer skills.
Find out more about this course and why my boys have been LOVING it (plus snag a tremendous deal!).
AND make sure to enter the fantastic giveaway by scrolling to the end of the post 🎉
Disclaimer: I received this product for free and was compensated for my time. As always, I’m sharing my honest opinions and was not required to provide a positive review.
Why Coding Is An Awesome Addition to Your Homeschool
Want to boost your kids’ creativity, problem solving skills, and overall learning experience?
Coding is an amazing skill for kids of all ages to have. Getting Smart shares the Top 5 Benefits of Coding for Kids.
When learning how to code, your kids are thinking outside the box and actively trying to figure out how to solve problems while having fun.
As my boys get older, I’ve been thinking about homeschool electives, like coding, and other ways to let them dabble in different areas to see what they might like and want to pursue as a career.
Core subjects, like math and social studies, are required and covered. But, I haven’t found these subjects to really spark any talk of future education, jobs, or even hobbies.
The real conversation of interests and possible career choices happens when my boys step outside of the required subjects and take deep dives into electives.
Build On Your Kids’ Interests (& Turn Screentime Into a Positive)
My boys are obsessed with computers.
From video games to researching their latest interests (or long-time favorites like blobfishes lol!), my boys ❤️️ computers!
So, I wasn’t too surprised when two of my boys (Bear and Smiley) wanted to learn how to code. They’d been asking a lot of questions about it and wanted to know if they were old enough to start.
I had no idea! I’m not exactly what you’d call “tech savvy” 😉
But, wanting to help my boys explore their interests, I asked around. And started searching for an affordable and effective course that teaches kids how to code.
WooHoo! I found this AWESOME coding course for kids taught by a homeschool dad!
And I’m SO glad that I did! I didn’t realize all the benefits of learning how to code, like:
- Logic Skills
- Students learn to apply logical thinking. When creating programs, students must think and reason about what conditions, rules, and algorithmic steps need to be a part of their program.
- Problem Solving Skills
- Computer programming helps build problem solving skills. Kids learn to break problems down into smaller problems to solve the whole.
- Writing computer programs also engages the creative part of our brains. Students must think creatively to solve problems and design their solutions.
- See How Math is Used
- By learning to code, kids get to see real world applications of math. When drawing graphics, kids get to put simple math to work.
- Turn Screen Time into Learning
- Learning to code can help your kids become creators instead of consumers. Such positive ways to engage with media and technology!
Homeschool Code Academy: The Perfect Way to Teach Coding
Homeschool Code Academy‘s online course Python for Beginner’s: Learn Coding at Home teaches your child computer programming (a.k.a. coding) even if you don’t know how.
Bear (10) and Smiley (12) have been using this course and LOVING it!
They’ve already learned so much – and, of course, love to tell our family and friends all about it 😊
Both boys ask me to do their coding lessons. I haven’t had to remind (or nag) them once to do them. Wish I could say the same for writing 😉
AND the boys even do extra lessons – without prompting.
Those two signs are very good indicators that the course is engaging, effective, and fun.
A few of the things that rock about this coding for kids course include:
- Video lessons taught by a homeschool dad (Matt Bohn) and expert software engineer
- Lessons are short and easy-to-follow (my boys do it all on their own!)
- Self-paced lessons
- Solid foundation to computer coding by learning Python, one of the most popular languages in use that’s used by companies like Facebook, Netflix, and Google
- Online email support (if your kids get stuck)
- Hands-on learning (watch a lesson and perform the challenge for reinforcement)
- Downloadable files for every example and challenge
- It’s easy to start the course at any time!
Oh, and both boys have been independently working on their lessons with Homeschool Code Academy. After initially getting them set up, I haven’t had to do a thing. The course is easy-to-use and takes your students step-by-step through the process.
I love having a homeschool elective that my boys can do on their own. It frees up my time to work with Xman (7) who is already asking when he can start to learn how to code with Mr. Matt.
Xman will need to wait a few years. Homeschool Code Academy is recommended for grades 5 and up (depending on your child’s math level). If you have any questions or concerns, I encourage you to contact Matt who can help you determine what’s best for your kids.
Boost Learning with Homeschool Code Academy
My favorite part about Homeschool Code Academy: Kids become creators not consumers. Positive use of screentime!
Homeschool Code Academy has 159 lessons for
only $125 ONLY $112.50!!
Use coupon code ROCK-YOUR-HOMESCHOOL at checkout for 10% Off.
Completely worth it for helping your kids master these valuable skills!
If you have kids who are into computers, help them take that interest to the next level by learning how to code. You may be surprised with how far they take it!
Amazing Homeschool Code Academy GIVEAWAY!
WooHoo! Homeschool Code Academy is giving away 5 spots for the Python for Beginners course!
Got questions about Homeschool Code Academy’s Python for Beginners: Learn Coding at Home? Let me know in the comments area below and I’ll be happy to help 🙂