You can easily add fun to your growth mindset for kids conversations with this free printable topics cube!
Get awesome ideas on how you can use this free printable resource with your kids and how to get started today 🙂
Why Growth Mindset for Kids Conversations Are Essential
Your kids are part of a whole new world. Technology and online everything compete for attention. Social media status updates are overwhelming.
And while our modern world is different from what we grew up with, it’s also very much the same.
Kids and teens still struggle with self-esteem, bullying, and fears. These types of issues appear to be timeless, just present themselves in new ways according to culture and society.
Fortunately, these modern conveniences also provide opportunities to find out about fantastic resources that can help you gift your child with skills and abilities to survive and thrive.
If you’re wondering how to get started, check out these FAQs:
- What specific skills and abilities can your child benefit from learning and using? Growth mindset principles and practices.
- What is the best resource to use for teaching about growth mindset for kids? Big Life Journal for Kids
- When can I start teaching my child about a growth mindset? Best answer: from birth! You can begin at any age, but Big Life Journal for Kids is recommended for ages 7-11. (Psst! There’s also the Big Life Journal Teen Edition for ages 12-14!)
- I don’t know anything about a growth mindset. What should I do? First of all, take a deep breath and know that you’re going in the right direction. And it’s okay to learn about a growth mindset with your kids. You don’t have to be an expert-you can be learning buddies 🙂
- How do I make the most of our Big Life Journal time? Check out these wonderful tips and tricks HERE. AND make it fun! Include hands-on, interactive ways to boost your growth mindset lessons and discussions.
To make it easy and fun, I’ve created free printable resources that you can use to enhance your Big Life Journal Time.
This Growth Mindset for Kids Conversations cube has been a huge hit with my boys and I hope you enjoy it with your kids, too!
Ideas for Using this Free Growth Mindset Topics Cube
This Topics Cube for Growth Mindset for Kids Conversations is a fabulous way to make your BLJ time even more interactive. You can use this printable for:
- Big Life Journal Buddy Time
- Homeschool Brain Breaks
- Classroom activity
- Family fun
- Homeschool co-op
Print as many copies as you like! I do ask that you please refer friends, family, and colleagues to this post so they can check it out and get their own printable 🙂
To construct the cube, here are my tips :
- Cut only along the outside lines (do not cut through the tabs or center pieces).
- Fold and unfold at each tab and line to make it easier to construct.
- Use a glue stick on each tab and assemble.
- Use tape to reinforce the folds.
You can use your Growth Mindset for Kids Conversations Cube after a Big Life Journal story or work. Have writing fun and use it for prompts. Include the cube in your art time or as a brain break for fun doodle prompts. Boost dinner conversation by using it to spark fun chats.
Get Your Free Growth Mindset for Kids Conversations Cube
When you join the Rock Your Homeschool community, you’ll receive this printable in a PDF download in an email, along with a secret password that opens the vault to all RYHS freebies.
In addition to your freebies, you will be a weekly email with amazing ways to make life and learning fun.
(Psst! Current RYHS members just need to access the Subscriber Freebies page and enter the password in your welcome email. Or get the instant download in the email the week of this post)
Click HERE or on the image below to subscribe and get started with your free printable Growth Mindset for Kids Conversations Cube!
Speaking of growth mindset, have you tried affirmations with your kids?
You can help your kids learn about and develop the positive practice of affirmations! These powerful self-statements are fabulous skills that any age can benefit from and use.
And it’s a fantastic activity that you can enjoy with your kids
The Simple Guide to the Powerful Practice of Affirmations for Kids Bundle is here to teach you about affirmations and how you can help your kids customize the experience for maximum benefits. The guide provides you with the information you need to better understand what affirmations are and how to talk to your kids about them.
This bundle includes printable resources for you to use with your kids to determine an affirmations practice that best fits their current needs.
Check it out and start on the path to positive thinking with your kids today!