These free Growth Mindset Coloring Activities are amazing, hands-on fun ways to learn and practice these positive skills!
Check out how I’m using these printable coloring pages and mini-book with growth mindset themes with my boy and how to get your free set today 🙂
Growth mindset has become such a buzzword, hasn’t it?
Adults have discovered the benefits of embracing these positive thinking principles and are excited to share these joys with their kids.
Make the process of teaching your kids about a growth mindset as enjoyable as possible through the use of fun activities!
How These Growth Mindset Coloring Activities Can Engage & Inspire
You want to help your kids be able to confidently navigate life. You’d love to provide your kids with the skills to thrive as they overcome obstacles and discover their true self-worth.
If you have these types of goals as a parent, then you’ve started on a solid path to giving your kids the gift of a growth mindset (vs. fixed mindset).
And while the ideas that make up growth mindset practices are not hard, these concepts can be challenging to teach your kids. Often abstract, growth mindset principles can be those types of things that you think your kids are grasping, only to find out that they’re not sure how to put these practices into use.
Plus, your kids might balk at sitting down to learn about a growth mindset. With homeschool (or classroom) work plus extracurricular activities, your kids might be tired or just need a break. The last thing your kids want to do is read another lesson or do more work!
Fortunately, you can have some awesome growth mindset resources at your fingertips. Big Life Journal is my #1 recommendation for working with kids to develop a growth mindset. This resource contains engaging stories and beautiful illustrations that get your kids’ attention.
To make the most out of your BLJ time with your kids, pair your lessons with hands-on interactive fun, like these free Growth Mindset Coloring Pages. Coloring has been shown to have numerous benefits for kids and is an excellent way to boost learning fun.
Ideas for Using These Growth Mindset Coloring Activities
Here are my tips and tricks for making the most out of using these Growth Mindset Coloring Activities:
- Print out several copies. Yes, you can use these in your homeschool, homeschool co-op, classroom, and family!
- Have all coloring supplies (like crayons, colored pencils, markers, Kwik Stix) ready to go.
- For the mini-book, you can pre-cut the pages (or give your kids extra cutting practice). Also, have a stapler close by to create the book.
- Remind your kids to do their best work but it doesn’t have to be perfect. You can do some gentle writing/coloring warm-ups by stretching out hands and fingers, even upper body.
- Encourage your kids to take a deep breath before starting the activity, even when switching crayons. These deep breaths will help your kids calm down, deal with perfectionistic tendencies, or slow down their bodies for better self-control.
- After your kids are done coloring and creating, invite them to talk about their work. Ask about their color selection. Be curious about their responses.
- Select a special place to display your Growth Mindset Coloring Activities work (with your kids’ permission). A bulletin board or refrigerator would be great places!
Get Your Free Growth Mindset Coloring Activities for Kids
I created these growth mindset coloring activities to enhance Big Life Journal Buddy time with my younger boys.
Over the years, I’ve discovered that my younger boys learn and process best when they have a hands-on activity to do while listening to a story. Whenever possible, I have that hands-on activity complement what we’re reading.
- Growth Mindset Coloring Mini-Book: 10 half-sheet pages (5 full pages to print) with growth mindset themes and open-ended questions to encourage your kids to write and/or draw about what a growth mindset means to them
- Growth Mindset Coloring Activities: 4 pages with growth mindset themes with open-ended questions and prompts to inspire your kids to share their growth mindset ideas, goals, dreams, and strengths
You may print out as many copies of this set of coloring pages with growth mindset themes as you need to enjoy these activities with your kids, for personal use, class, homeschool co-op, and library. If you have a friend or co-worker who you think might enjoy these activiities, I ask that you share the link to this post. Thanks for sharing 🙂
When you join the Rock Your Homeschool community, you’ll receive these printables in a PDF file in an email, along with a password that opens the vault to all RYHS freebies.
In addition to your freebies, you will be a weekly email with ways to make life and learning fun.
What struggles do you have with teaching your kids about a growth mindset?
How can these free printable coloring pages help?
If you like these free growth mindset coloring sheets, you’ll love these free growth mindset printables:
30 Free Growth Mindset Copywork Pages to Boost Positive Thinking
(with motivational quotes)
Free Growth Mindset Quotes for Kids for Copywork & More (great for older kids!)
Free Character Education Posters to Encourage a Growth Mindset
(great for visual reminders!)
Speaking of growth mindset, have you tried affirmations for kids?
You can help your kids learn about and develop the positive practice of affirmations? These powerful self-statements are fabulous skills that any age can benefit from and use.
And it’s a fantastic activity that you can enjoy with your kids
The Simple Guide to the Powerful Practice of Affirmations for Kids Bundle is here to teach you about affirmations and how you can help your kids customize the experience for maximum benefits. The guide provides you with the information you need to better understand what affirmations are and how to talk to your kids about them.
This bundle includes printable resources for you to use with your kids to determine an affirmations practice that best fits their current needs.
Check it out and start on the path to positive thinking with your kids today!