Smiley and Bear are truly enjoying their learning adventure with Life of Fred Early Readers! They are making fantastic progress-and having such fun!
It is no secret-we are a Life of Fred family! I love to share our learning fun with Fred. To date, we use in our homeschool:
- Life of Fred Elementary Math
- Life of Fred Intermediate Math
- Life of Fred Language Arts
- Life of Fred Early Readers
Yup, you can call us a Life of Fred family! I am looking forward to adding even more Life of Fred titles to our homeschool collection. Also, I look forward to creating even more themed work mats like these 11 Holiday-Themed Work Mats you can get by scrolling down!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. I did not receive product nor compensation for this post. If you choose to purchase from this affiliate, I do receive a commission. Thanks, as always, for reading and supporting our homeschool!
Last week, I shared my review of Life of Fred Early Readers. As we work with this fabulous reading resource, I have modified some of the sight words games and activities previously shared on Busy Boys Brigade. I share these modifications with you to demonstrate the various ways these affordable readers can be used to rock your homeschool!
6 Learning Activities for Fun Learning with Life of Fred Early Readers
- Treasure Hunt: Smiley and Bear have been practicing their sight words with a treasure hunt game and printable (to check it out and get your free printable, click here). I simply modified this game to include words from the Life of Fred Early Reader book that each boy is using.
- Tic Tac Toe: This easy, DIY game has been a huge hit with my boys! I used felt that we had in our arts & crafts storage. We have also used paper and foam sheets. Again, I select words from the Life of Fred Early Readers books that each boy is currently using. You can learn more about this activity by clicking here.
- Paper Basketball: Oh my! This activity has taken over our homeschool! All of my boys have had to try it with various subjects. You can find a free printable and more about how we use this game in our learning adventures here.
- Twister: We play a modified version of Twister for a variety of educational concepts. To use to extend our learning with Life of Fred Early Readers, I select and write words from the books the boys are working on. Check out our fun with this activity here.
- Hopscotch: Here is another movement activity that my boys love to use in our homeschool! Words are chosen from their Life of Fred Early Readers and used to practice reading-and get some exercise! Get more information about how we use hopscotch in our homeschool here.
- Work Mats: I have just started to use work mats with my boys-and we are loving them! I created these Fall-Themed Work Mats for use with sight words and more.
To continue with our learning fun, I created holiday-themed work mats. I am so excited to share these FREE 11 Holiday-Themed Work Mats with you! To access your FREE DOWNLOAD, click below and sign up!
[bctt tweet=”6 Learning Activities for Life of Fred Early Readers + 11 FREE Holiday Work Mats”]
I pray that these 6 Fun Learning Activities bless your family! Also, come on back and share how you use these 11 Holiday-Themed Work Mats with your kids!