6 Fun Learning Activities To Use With Life of Fred Early Readers
Smiley and Bear are truly enjoying their learning adventure with Life of Fred Early Readers! They are making fantastic progress-and having such fun!
It is no secret-we are a Life of Fred family! I love to share our learning fun with Fred. To date, we use in our homeschool:
- Life of Fred Elementary Math
- Life of Fred Intermediate Math
- Life of Fred Language Arts
- Life of Fred Early Readers
Yup, you can call us a Life of Fred family! I am looking forward to adding even more Life of Fred titles to our homeschool collection. Also, I look forward to creating even more themed work mats like these 11 Holiday-Themed Work Mats you can get by scrolling down!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. I did not receive product nor compensation for this post. If you choose to purchase from this affiliate, I do receive a commission. Thanks, as always, for reading and supporting our homeschool!
Last week, I shared my review of Life of Fred Early Readers. As we work with this fabulous reading resource, I have modified some of the sight words games and activities previously shared on Busy Boys Brigade. I share these modifications with you to demonstrate the various ways these affordable readers can be used to rock your homeschool!
6 Learning Activities for Fun Learning with Life of Fred Early Readers
- Treasure Hunt: Smiley and Bear have been practicing their sight words with a treasure hunt game and printable (to check it out and get your free printable, click here). I simply modified this game to include words from the Life of Fred Early Reader book that each boy is using.
- Tic Tac Toe: This easy, DIY game has been a huge hit with my boys! I used felt that we had in our arts & crafts storage. We have also used paper and foam sheets. Again, I select words from the Life of Fred Early Readers books that each boy is currently using. You can learn more about this activity by clicking here.
- Paper Basketball: Oh my! This activity has taken over our homeschool! All of my boys have had to try it with various subjects. You can find a free printable and more about how we use this game in our learning adventures here.
- Twister: We play a modified version of Twister for a variety of educational concepts. To use to extend our learning with Life of Fred Early Readers, I select and write words from the books the boys are working on. Check out our fun with this activity here.
- Hopscotch: Here is another movement activity that my boys love to use in our homeschool! Words are chosen from their Life of Fred Early Readers and used to practice reading-and get some exercise! Get more information about how we use hopscotch in our homeschool here.
- Work Mats: I have just started to use work mats with my boys-and we are loving them! I created these Fall-Themed Work Mats for use with sight words and more.
Bear (with his friend, Spider) using bugs to cover words from Life of Fred Early Readers
To continue with our learning fun, I created holiday-themed work mats. I am so excited to share these FREE 11 Holiday-Themed Work Mats with you! To access your FREE DOWNLOAD, click below and sign up!
[bctt tweet=”6 Learning Activities for Life of Fred Early Readers + 11 FREE Holiday Work Mats”]
I pray that these 6 Fun Learning Activities bless your family! Also, come on back and share how you use these 11 Holiday-Themed Work Mats with your kids!