Give your kids some hands-on holiday fun with these Thanksgiving playdough mats.
This free set with Thanksgiving themes includes creative prompts for awesome hands-on activities.
Get cool ideas for using these free Thanksgiving printables for kids and find out how to get started today!
Terrific Hands-On Activities for Thanksgiving Fun for Kids
Be ready for a fun holiday celebration with your kids with these free printables. Prepare a collection of simple Thanksgiving activities that your kids can enjoy.
With an arsenal of Thanksgiving fun resources, your kids will get excited about the holiday and you'll get time to do what you need to (or have a bit of time to relax!).
As a mom to five boys, I've learned that spending some time putting together simple activity packs for the holidays can make the whole experience much more enjoyable and fun for all.
Energy and excitement levels amp up when a holiday rolls around. It's a special time to look forward to and celebrate.
Channel all that enthusiasm into positive activities. Invite your kids to help with holiday preparations. Ask for their suggestions on side dishes or seating arrangements. And sit back and enjoy all the fine motor activities that are being developed with this sensory play!
And when you need time to work on more complicated tasks (or just a chance to breathe), pull out some fun Thanksgiving activities for your kids to complete.
These free Thanksgiving Playdough Mats are excellent ways to give your kids hands-on fun. These mats can be used again and again (see my tips below). Add these printables to our other Thanksgiving Fun resources and you'll be ready for an amazing holiday with your kids 🙂
Cool Ways to Boost the Learning Fun with these Thanksgiving Playdough Mats
Playdough mats are fantastic and fun hands-on ways to give your young children and older kids focused activities with special themes.
Here are a few tips to help you extend the learning fun with these Thanksgiving playdough mats:
- Print this set on white cardstock. You can use regular printer paper but cardstock makes them more durable.
- Laminate your playdough mats. OR use clear dry erase pocket sleeves (or page protectors) as we do!
- Make your own playdough or buy a set. Try to include holiday-themed colors, if possible.
- Print out extra copies of these playdough mats for use as Thanksgiving coloring pages.
- Encourage your kids to think outside the box. Sure, they can use traditional Thanksgiving colors (like brown, orange, yellow, and green). But, what would a pink turkey look like? Or a polka dot feathers?
- Add fun extras, like buttons, building blocks, sequins, googly eyes, and feathers, to celebrate this celebrate Thanksgiving theme.
Neenah Cardstock, 8.5Scotch Self-Seal Laminating Pouches, 25 Pack, Letter Size (LS854-25G-WM)Scribbledo Dry Erase Pockets, 6 Pack Reusable Dry Erase Sleeves with Marker Holder, Colorful Dry Erase Pocket Sleeves for School or Work, Assorted Colors Sheet Protectors and Ticket HoldersNutsball Dry Erase Pockets Reusable Sleeves 7 Pack - Heavy Duty Oversized 10Play-Doh Modeling Compound 36 Pack Case of Colors, Non-Toxic, Assorted Colors, 3 Oz Cans (Amazon Exclusive)Play-Doh Sparkle and Scents Variety Pack of 16 Cans of Modeling Compound and 4 Tools, Arts and Crafts Toy for Kids 3 and Up, Non-Toxic
Get Your Free Thanksgiving Playdough Mats
Ready to add these Thanksgiving playdough mats to your collection of fun holiday activities?
This free PDF (printable) set includes 10 Thanksgiving-themed layouts all in black and white. You'll find these different designs:
- a turkey
- feathers (for an Indian headdress)
- a cornucopia
- pumpkin (to decorate for a pretty centerpiece)
- Pilgrim hat (to decorate and add a Pilgrim!)
- dinner plate (to complete)
- pumpkin pie slice
- apple barrel
- the letters H-A-P-P-Y T-H-A-N-K-S-G-I-V-I-N-G to fill in and create a scene
- the letters I a-m t-h-a-n-k-f-u-l f-o-r to fill in and share what you're thankful for
Please print out as many copies of this Thanksgiving set as you need for personal use with your kids, homeschool co-op, classroom, or community event. If you have a friend or co-worker who'd enjoy using these playdough mats with their kids, please share this post. Thanks in advance for your cooperation and sharing 🙂
**If you have questions about using for distance learning, email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get this free printable playdough mats set of Thanksgiving themes, all you need to do is subscribe to Rock Your Homeschool. You’ll receive an email with a PDF file, along with a password to open the Subscriber’s Library to all RYHS freebies.
Plus, you’ll get emails with ideas, resources, and encouragement to make life and learning fun.
(Psst! Current RYHS members just need to access the Subscriber Freebies page and enter the password in your welcome email. If you have any questions, please contact Amy at email@example.com)
My boys and I would love to know how other kids use them 🙂 Please share your ideas with using these Thanksgiving play dough mats in the comments section at the bottom of this post.