These Free February Copywork Pages are fantastic learning opportunities for your kids. With select February quotes, this printable pack gives you an open-and-go approach to handwriting and more.
Get creative ideas for boosting the learning fun with these copywork pages and discover how to get your free set today.
Copywork for Kids Can Be Fun & Inspirational
Would you like to try copywork with your kids but concerned that it will be a dud?
The good news is that you can make this positive practice full of fun and motivation.
Copywork has been a part of our homeschool for years. At first, I was worried that my boys would scoff at it. My boys would rather scrub toilets than work on writing (especially handwriting).
With a few tweaks and gentle encouragement, my boys and I have shared wonderful experiences over copywork time. Here are some reasons why I think copywork has been a hit:
- Having a quote (or passage) removes the stress of having to think of something to write.
- Changing up how we pick a quote. We each take turns selecting a quote from our list. Or older boys will do a search for appropriate quotes for season, holiday, or theme.
- Talking about the quote and its meaning (plus, how we can apply it to our lives).
- Turning it into a team effort. Copywork is a time where we all gather around our homeschool (dining room) table and work at the same time.
You'll find creative ideas for boosting copywork time with your kids below 🙂
Creative Ideas to Boost the Learning Fun for Copywork with February Quotes
Jazz up your copywork time with these cool ideas that kids love:
- Use fun writing utensils. There's something special about using a color pen or pencil. Kids get such a kick out of these simple yet fun differences.
- Add music. Play some tunes in the background. Depending on what your homeschool needs at the time, select calming or energizing songs.
- Turn your copywork of February quotes into posters to display or cards to send to loved ones.
- Decorate your copywork with flourishes, flowers, and other doodles.
- Switch up what copywork sheets you use. In this free printable pack, you'll find one full page of dotted lines and another sheet with half-page blank and half-page dotted lines. Encourage your kids to draw what the February quotes mean to them.
- Write the copywork passages on index cards and post around your home for positive reminders.
PILOT FriXion ColorSticks Erasable Gel Ink Stick Pens, Fine Point, Assorted Color Inks, 10-Pack (32454)Pilot FriXion Fineliner Erasable Marker Pens, Fine Point, Assorted Color Inks, 12-Pack (11452)Konsait 2 Dozen (24) Valentine Pencils Assortment with Giant Eraser Topper Decorated with Love Hearts, Candies, Stars for Valentine's Day accessories Party Bag Goodie Bag Filler Favor Supplies TeacherScentco Sweetheart Smencils - HB #2 Scented Pencils, 5 CountCrayola Colored Pencils Set, School Supplies, Presharpened, 36 Count
Get Your Free Copywork Pages with February Quotes
Enjoy special time with your kids using these copywork pages with February quotes! The best type of learning fun is simple time spent together 🙂
This free printable set includes 3 pages: 1 page of 6 February quotes, 1 full page of dotted lines, and 1 page of half-blank/half-dotted lines.
Of course, you may print out as many copies of these February quotes pack for your family to enjoy! I just ask that you please share the link to this post if you have a friend or co-worker who you believe would love to use these printables with kids.
When you subscribe and join the Rock Your Homeschool community, you’ll receive this printable pack in a PDF download via email, along with a password to open the Subscriber's Library to all RYHS freebies. In addition to your freebies, you will get emails with ideas and encouragement to make learning fun.
(Psst! Current RYHS members just need to access the Subscriber Freebies page and enter the password in your welcome email. Or get the instant download in the email the week of this post.)
Get your FREE February Copywork Pages with Inspirational Quotes for Kids by clicking HERE or on the image below 🙂