These fascinating Fourth of July books will help you enjoy a fantastic holiday celebration with your kids.
Find out what I'll be reading with my boys and make sure to check out the new Fourth of July Fun Mini-Unit Study!
Books Are Wonderful Ways to Get Kids Excited About Holidays
Do your kids ever ask you why we celebrate certain holidays?
Over the years, my 5 boys have asked me this question a lot!
They love to find out more about the history of holidays plus holiday traditions. With my older boys, I remember feeling a bit unprepared to dive into an explanation. How could I present the facts and ideas behind a holiday?
Luckily, my mom is a retired Kindergarten teacher. And she has gifted us with so many books over the years!
As Independence Day approached one summer, I remembered that we had some special Fourth of July books that I could enjoy with my boys. These books helped me snuggle up and relax with my boys as we chatted about the upcoming holiday in an age-appropriate way.
Another amazing thing happened from our readings of holiday books. The boys got so excited about the Fourth of July!
Fascinating Fourth of July Books for Your Kids
Be prepared for special read-alouds using these Fourth of July books with your kids. Check out these books that I've enjoyed with my boys (and recommended books from dear friends).
You'll find remarkable resources for:
- Fourth of July Books for Babies, Toddlers, & Preschoolers
- Fourth of July Books for Elementary Grades
Fourth of July Books for Babies, Toddlers, & Preschoolers
These select books are fabulous resources to enjoy with younger kids.
I've added both board books and books with popular characters to capture your young learner's attention 🙂
Fourth of July Books for Elementary Grades
Get your elementary-aged kids excited for the holiday with these cool books.
One of our family favorites is The Journey of The One and Only Declaration of Independence. Our history buff, Professor (15) fondly recalls reading this book together.
Fourth of July (Holidays in Rhythm and Rhyme)F Is for Flag (Reading Railroad)The Berenstain Bears God Bless Our Country (Berenstain Bears/Living Lights)The Fourth of July StoryA Is for America: A Patriotic Alphabet BookMy Fourth of JulyRed, White, and Blue: The Story of the American Flag (Penguin Young Readers, Level 3)The Journey of the One and Only Declaration of IndependenceWhat Is the Declaration of Independence? (What Was?)
Do you have other Fourth of July books for kids that you recommend? I'd love to read your suggestions in the comments area.
Oh, and please check out our UPDATED Fourth of July Fun Mini-Unit Study!
I wanted to have an extra special celebration this year with my boys. After so much extra time at home, I'm trying to pump up our holiday fun.
This Fourth of July Fun Mini-Unit Study can be completed in one day or over a week with a relaxed approach. It includes:
- An introduction to fun mini-unit studies
- Fourth of July facts, symbols, & fun mini-unit study checklists
- Customizable Fourth of July Fun Mini-Unit Study planning page
- Recommended resources
- A special Fourth of July Poetry Teatime (including suggested holiday poems, decorations, snacks, and drinks)
- Fourth of July Writing/Drawing Prompts
- Fourth of July Vocabulary + Spelling
- Fourth of July Copywork
- Fun Project for Fourth of July
- Recording page of your Fourth of July activities (for portfolio or memory book)
- 2 types of triangle-shaped banners for DIY holiday decor
- UPDATED WITH: Fourth of July Word Search
- In order...Fourth of July Alphabetical Order Activity
- Fourth of July List It! Activity (brainstorm nouns, adjectives, & verbs related to the holiday)
- 6 pages (3 in color, 3 in black & white) of Fourth of July Vocabulary Cards **can also be used for a fun memory game!
If you're interested in these Fourth of July books and fun mini-unit study, you'll love these free coloring pages!