Fun & Free Activities for Dr. Seuss One fish two fish
Extend the Learning Fun with One fish two fish red fish blue fish book by Dr. Seuss with this free printable activity pack.
Fantastic hands-on activities for young learners and early readers 🙂
Learning Fun with This Popular Dr. Seuss Book
I love sharing new ways to have learning fun with Dr. Seuss!
One fish two fish red fish blue fish is another family favorite that I wanted to create activities to enjoy with my boys.
This book got pulled from our Dr. Seuss collection with great glee. Xman (2) is learning about colors and numbers. Bear (5) continues to practice sight words and build confidence in his reading. This classic Dr. Seuss book is a fantastic resource for use with both levels.
Learning Fun with One Fish Two Fish
Are you familiar with this Dr. Seuss classic? The book begins with some pretty silly comparisons of different fish. The story continues with the addition of new characters and more silly antics.
- To get your learning fun started, make a funny things directional pole using an empty paper towel roll, index cards, marker, and tape. You can use this quote from the book:
“From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.”
- Have a Dr. Seuss silly character doodle challenge. Each participant selects one silly creature and doodles it. Better yet, doodle your very own silly creature just like Dr. Seuss would make! Or use these free Dr. Seuss-Inspired Grid Art Activities for drawing fun 🙂
- Play “Ring the Gack”. Break out your ring toss game or make your own frugal and easy ring toss game with cardboard rolls and paper plates! If you want to add in color, number, or sight word recognition, each participant must read a card or from the book prior to tossing a ring.
Free Printable Pack for One Fish Two Fish
Extend the learning fun with this classic Dr. Seuss book. Your kids will have a blast with these hands-on and creative activities.
In this free printable pack, you will receive:
- Story props (cut out the fish characters and glue onto popsicle sticks or laminate and add magnets or velcro on back)
- Matching color word to color
- Practice writing color words
- Bookmarks (2 color, 3 black & white to color in)
You may print out as many copies of these free printable activities for this popular Dr. Seuss book that you need for amazing learning fun. If you have a co-worker or friend who you think would love to use these activities with their kids, please share the link to this post. Your sharing means so very much 🙂
When you subscribe and join the Rock Your Homeschool community, you’ll receive this printable pack in a PDF file in an email, along with a password to open the library to all RYHS freebies.
In addition to your freebies, you will get emails with ideas and encouragement to make learning fun 🙂
(Psst! Current RYHS members just need to access the Subscriber Freebies page and enter the password in your welcome email. If you have any problems or questions, please email Amy at [email protected])
Tap on the image below to subscribe and get your free printable Learning Fun with One Fish Two Fish pack!
My boys enjoyed these learning fun extensions and I hope that your kids do, too!
What other ways do you enjoy learning with Dr. Seuss and this classic book?