Ocean creatures handprint art activities are sensational for special summer fun.
This free set of 10 printable pages is full of super cute ways to help your kids learn about these sea creatures and create custom artwork.
Get creative ideas for enjoying these free handprint art activities and your printable pack today!
Easily Help Your Kids Create Special Summer Artwork
Enjoy an awesome activity with your kids this summer - while making super cute keepsakes to delight in for years to come.
Summertime is already filled with so many relaxed and fun activities and events.
But, sometimes you need a simple and quiet activity to help your kids slow down, relax, and still have fun.
Handprint art is a fantastic way to boost your seasonal celebration with kids. Add this creative activity to your:
- Homeschool unit study
- Family get-togethers
- Library or community event
- Summer camp
- Vacation Bible School (VBS)
- Summer boredom busters
What Is Handprint Art for Kids? (And Why Should You Do It?)
Handprint art with your kids is an activity that includes applying paint (or ink) to your child's hands (and fingertips) then pressing onto paper.
Some of the reasons that handprint art is absolutely awesome are:
- Kids of all ages can get into the fun
- Just a few supplies are necessary
- With a bit of preparation, the mess can be kept to a minimum
- Simple ways to create special keepsakes
- Fun opportunities for creative expression
How to Have a Blast with Handprint Art with Your Kids
Seemss like a lot of sensational seasonal fun but not so sure about how much mess it will make?
Check out these tips and tricks to make your ocean creatures handprint art experiences as relaxing and fun as possible:
- Prep your materials ahead of time. Recommended supplies include:
- Washable paint
- Foam brushes
- Paint brushes
- Newspaper or plastic tablecloth for quick clean-up
- Hand wipes or baby wipes (to quickly wipe paint off hands and fingertips)
- Crayons and markers (optional, to add details)
- Print extra copies of each of the ocean creatures handprint art activities, in case kids want to make more than one.
- Print these pages on white cardstock for added durability (and less likelihood of paint to bleed through).
- Remind your kids that each project will be unique and doesn't have to be "perfect". Sometimes hands or fingers move - and that's okay. Talk about how you can transform the work into an extra special creation.
- When your children are done with their handprint project, prompt them to "freeze like a statue" (so you can wipe off their hands before they run around touching stuff!).
Neenah Paper Exact Index, 110-Pounds, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 250 Sheets, White, 94 Brightness (WAU40411)Crayola Washable Kids Paint, 12 Count, Paint Set for Kids, Gift, Classic and Glitter PaintsWashable Tempera Paint for Kids - 10 Pack of Classic Colors - 16 oz Bottles, Safe and Non Toxic - Craft, Art and School SuppliesCrayola Washable Paint, Assorted Colors, 16 Ounces, 12 Countconda 50 Pack 0.5BOSOBO Paint Brushes Set, 2 Pack 20 Pcs Round Pointed Tip Paintbrushes Nylon Hair Artist Acrylic Paint Brushes for Acrylic Oil Watercolor, Face Nail Art, Miniature Detailing and Rock Painting, Blue
What's In This Free Ocean Creatures Handprint Art Activities Pack?
This free set of ocean creatures handprint art activities includes a variety of styles with 10 blank and 10 examples (in color).
The 10 styles (with facts about each creature and tips on making) include:
- Starfish: Paint both hands with any color (pink works well). Gently press 5 times around the eyes.
- Crab: Paint both hands with red. Press the left hand on the side of the left eye as a pincer - repeat with right hand on the right side.
- Whale: Paint the left hand with the color blue. Press above the whale as a water spout.
- Lobster: Paint both hands with the color red. Press left hand for left pincer - and right hand for right pincer.
- Sea Horse: Paint the right hand with the color yellow. Press upside down at an angle for a fin.
- Squid: Paint the right hand with the color purple. Press above the eyes and tentacle.
- Turtle: Paint the left hand green. Horizontally place the hand with the thumb up above the shapes and press to make handprint.
- Shark: Paint the right hand with the color blue (or gray). Horizontally place the hand with the pinky finger up and the pointer finger under the eye and press to make handprint.
- Hermit Crab: Paint the right hand yellow (or brown or gray). Place the hand at a slight angle above the crab shape and press to make a handprint.
- Stingray: Paint both hands purple (or other preferred color). Turn both hands upside down. Place left hand and press over right eye. Place right hand and press over left eye.
Get Your Free Set of Ocean Creatures Handprint Art Activities
High five! You're on your way to enjoying special activities for summer fun with your kids!
This free pack includes 20 printable (PDF) pages (10 blank and 10 examples in color) featuring ocean creatures handprint art activities.
You may print as many copies of these coloring activities as you’d like to enjoy with your kids. If you have a friend or co-worker who might like to boost their summer fun, please share this post. I truly appreciate your sharing!
To get this free set of ocean creatures handprint art pages, simply subscribe to Rock Your Homeschool.
You’ll receive an email with a PDF file, along with a password to open the Subscriber’s Library to all RYHS free printables.
Plus, you’ll get emails with ideas, resources, and encouragement to make life and learning fun 🙂
(Psst! Current RYHS members just need to access the Subscriber Freebies page and enter the password in your welcome email. If you have any problems or questions, please email Amy at email@example.com)
How will you enjoy these handprint art activities with your kids? I'd love to read your ideas in the comments are below 😊