Inspire creative learning fun for sensational summer activities for kids with these 5 FREE cootie catchers.
These simple printable activities turn into awesome, hands-on interactive fun.
Get super cool ideas for using these cootie catchers for creative fun AND get your FREE pack to easily boost summertime with your kids!
Want to Help Your Kids Be Creative & Have Fun This Summer?
Sure you do!
Summer is a wonderful time to encourage your kids to think outside the box.
Plus, sneak in some learning fun activities 😉
Instead of hearing “I’m bored! There’s nothing to do!” about a gazillion times this summer, let’s do something about it.
Let’s be prepared with some super simple, fun, and creative activities like these 5 FREE cootie catchers with summer themes.
Because it’s ALWAYS smart to have some simple summer activities up your sleeve!
Why Cooties Catchers ROCK!
Maybe you played with these DIY folding paper activities when you were young? If so, think back to what made them so much fun, like…
- Hands-on: With cootie catchers (or whatever you call them!), you get the chance to actually move something as you await your result.
- Interactive: Sure, you can use cootie catchers by yourself. But, it’s SO much fun to have someone else there to share what result you get.
- Quick: Cootie catchers don’t take a lot of time to make or use.
- Popular themes: You can pick whatever theme you’d like for a cootie catcher – even something with a holiday or seasonal twist!
I loved to make and use cootie catchers with my friends when I was young.
As a homeschool mom, I LOVE using cootie catchers with my boys to boost learning fun at home.
Creative Ways to Inspire Summer Activities for Kids
These 5 cootie catchers have summer themes that most kids will love. Those summer themes are:
Each of these simple summer cootie catchers can be used in a variety of creative ways. And each cootie catcher includes directions on how to cut out and fold!
For each cootie catcher, you’ll find on the outer corners the words, like: WHAT – SHOULD – YOU TAKE?
Your child (or other participant) will select one word.
The word is spelled out. For example, if “should” is selected, the cootie catcher is moved in and out to spell “S-H-O-U-L-D” (so 6 times).
Then, a number that is visible is selected. Let’s go with 5. The cootie catcher is then moved in and out 5 times.
Again, a number is selected (let’s go with 3).
The paper flap is lifted and whatever image + word under #3 is the prompt,
AND THEN THE FUN BEGINS!
When a prompt has been selected, you have a variety of things that you can do, like:
- Charades (participant must act out the prompt and others guess)
- Writing (participant copies the word or makes a list, sentence, or paragraph)
- Drawing or doodling (bonus for using for a fun game like Pictionary!)
- Storytelling (participant tells a story based on the prompt)
- Word Fun (participant provides a definition of the word)
- Spelling Fun (participant spells the word – without looking at it!)
Oh, and you can totally make your own summer fun cootie catchers!
Just take out a blank piece of paper (any color), cut out a square, fold (check out the instructions on any of the free summer cootie catchers), then open up.
Get Your 5 FREE Cootie Catchers for Fun Summer Activities for Kids
High five! You’re on your way to some special summer activities for kids.
You may certainly print as many copies of these fun cootie catchers that you need for summer fun with your kids, class, co-op, or community event. If you have a friend or co-worker who may like to use these free printable activities with their kids, I ask that you please share the link to this post (and not the download). Thanks so much for your cooperation & sharing!
To get these 5 FREE Cootie Catchers for Fun Summer Activities for Kids, all you need to do is subscribe to Rock Your Homeschool.
You’ll receive an email with a PDF download, along with a password to open the Subscriber’s Library to all RYHS freebies.
Plus, you’ll get emails with ideas, resources, and encouragement to make life and learning fun 🙂
(Psst! Current RYHS members just need to access the Subscriber Freebies page and enter the password in your welcome email.)
Which of these 5 themes do you think your kids will enjoy the most?