There are so many awesome ways to have learning fun with Dr. Seuss! I love creating new resources to add to this list. Check out this Dr. Seuss-Inspired Bingo Game that’s great for celebrating all things Seuss.
My five boys and I love reading Dr. Seuss books. His characters are like old friends in our home. We love to find and create activities to boost our learning fun with Dr. Seuss.
One of our favorite family and homeschool games is bingo. Smiley (8) suggested that we play a Dr. Seuss version of our favorite game. We had just finished reading Fox in Socks (for about the 553rd time!). With Read Across America coming up on March 2, I thought it would be a fantastic idea to put this Dr. Seuss-Inspired Bingo Game together with some of our favorite characters.
Dr. Seuss-Inspired Bingo Game for Fun with Kids
If you aren’t familiar with Dr. Seuss books and characters, I highly encourage you to check out these books (no matter what your age!):
Green Eggs and HamOne Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish (I Can Read It All by Myself)The Lorax (Classic Seuss)Fox in Socks (Beginner Books)Dr. Seuss’s ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (Classic Seuss)HOP ON POP BOOK & CDHorton Hears a Who!Ten Apples Up On Top!Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories
Once familiar with these characters, you can use them to talk with your kids about different personalities, problem-solving, conflict resolution, and many more life lessons.
My boys and I have had countless conversations about Dr. Seuss characters and their strengths and weaknesses. It’s through these chats that we have come to love these stories.
To keep the learning fun with Dr. Seuss going, I made this game by modifying the traditional approach to bingo. It’s still tons of fun and fits the Read Across America theme even better!
Dr. Seuss-Inspired Bingo Game
This bingo game uses R-E-A-D instead of B-I-N-G-O. I like that extra bit of motivation to drop everything and read 😉
Pictures of characters from the book are used in place of numbers or words. This game is visual so great for even pre-readers to play.
Suggested use of this printable game:
- Print & laminate all pages.
- Cut READ boards & calling cards.
- Each player gets one READ board.
- Place R-E-A-D calling cards in one deck & character cards in another.
- Draw one READ card & one character card at the same time.
- Mark calling card chart when a character & R-E-A-D combination is drawn.
- Use bingo chips or other types of marker. (We used Hershey’s® Kisses!)
- Winner is the first to complete R-E-A-D pattern or by an agreed-upon pattern.
- Optional: prizes for winner(s) or extra read-aloud time of a Dr. Seuss book
This free printable pack includes:
- 8 pages (4 boards on each with 2 blank boards) of 30 R-E-A-D boards
- 2 pages of calling cards with characters plus R-E-A-D
- 1 page of calling card record sheet (to help you keep track of what card matches you have done)
To get your free printable pack of Dr. Seuss-Inspired Bingo game, simply subscribe to Rock Your Homeschool. You will join our awesome community where you will get a super secret password to access all RYHS freebies. Plus, you will get weekly email updates that have instant download links to our latest free printables to help you rock your homeschool.
(Psst! Current RYHS members just need to access the Subscriber Freebies page and enter the password in your welcome email. Or get the instant download in the email the week of this post)
Click HERE or on the image below to get started with your Dr. Seuss-Inspired Bingo Game Kids Will Love!