Enjoy a delightfully simple yet super fun Christmas game for kids with this free printable activity.
If your kids love Snakes and Ladders, they will LOVE this Candy Canes and Ladders game!
Get a sneak peek at this game, creative ideas for using, and grab your free printable set today!
Surprise Your Kids with a New Christmas Game
Want to know a secret way to make the holiday season extra special?
Plan on giving your kids a few surprises 😉
And, no worries! You don’t have to spend any money or even a lot of time.
Gather up some free printable resources (like the ones available here in the Rock Your Homeschool Subscriber’s Library of Freebies) and prepare for awesome holiday fun for kids 🙂
You can also jot down a bunch of ideas from this list of super cool Christmas Homeschool Fun Activities.
Because, when it comes down to it, you only have so much time, energy, and money over the holidays.
But, you want to make the most of these special times (without losing your sanity). That build-up to the “big day” is something else!
Free printable activities are the way to go. As a mom of 5 boys who are cray-cray about Christmas, I can totally attest to that 😉
I always arm myself with at least 2-3 fun holiday activities per day leading up the Christmas. Why do I do that? A few of my reasons include:
- Keep my boys busy (and out from underneath my feet when I’m working on holiday prep)
- Focused brain breaks for our homeschool
- Channeling their energy and excitement into positive activities (and not zing-zing-zinging around like a bouncy ball and knocking off ornaments or decor)
I have a growing collection of FREE fun holiday activities that my boys can either independently work on or that we can enjoy together.
This FREE Candy Canes and Ladders Christmas Game is one printable activity that fits into both categories 🙂
Tips & Ideas for Enjoying This Christmas Game for Kids
The boys think these games are such fun – and will play them again and again.
I love that this style of games is SO simple to use. All you need to do is:
- Get the free download (scroll down to subscribe and get this Christmas Game for Kids).
- Print the game. (I recommend white cardstock for durability.)
- Laminate game board. (Optional but really increases durability.)
- Select game pieces for the number of players. (The boys and I use things we have around the house, like mini-erasers, small toys, wood beads, or small playdough balls.)
- Each player takes turns rolling a six-sided die and moving their game piece that amount.
- If the player lands on a ladder, they move up it.
- If the player lands on a candy cane, they slide down.
- The first player to 35 wins!
Don’t forget to add the holiday music in the background! Such an easy way to boost the holiday fun 😉
Get Your Free Christmas Game for Kids
Have a blast with this easy-to-use Christmas game for kids!
This free printable (PDF) set includes one Candy Canes and Ladders game board (plus directions page).
Oh my stars! I would be so honored if you’d share this activity with your friends, family, or co-workers. If you do, please share the link to this post (and NOT to the download). Thanks so much for your cooperation and sharing!
To get this free Christmas Game for Kids (Candy Canes and Ladders), simply subscribe to Rock Your Homeschool.
You’ll receive an email with a PDF download, along with a password to open the Subscriber’s Library to all RYHS freebies.
Plus, you’ll get emails with ideas, resources, and encouragement to make life and learning fun 🙂
(Psst! Current RYHS members just need to access the Subscriber Freebies page and enter the password in your welcome email. Or get the instant download in the email the week of this post.)
Get your FREE Christmas Game for Kids (Candy Canes and Ladders) by clicking HERE or on the image below.