Fall handprint art is a super cool way to celebrate the season with fun activities.
You'll be able to simply create special keepsakes AND get your kids excited about autumn and all of its splendor with these free printable activities.
Get creative ideas for using and your free pack of handprint art featuring back to fall themes today!
Easily Help Your Kids Create Amazing Autumn Artwork
Looking for simple yet creative ways to make the change of seasons extra special and so much fun for your kids?
High five! Fall activities are super fun ways to help get your kids excited about a new season AND make special keepsakes.
My favorite time of year to have fun with my boys is the FALL season. It always feels like there's so much to do, observe, and enjoy.
Over the years, we've enjoyed a variety of activities to help us make the most of the season. The boys and I have had a blast with fall-themed things, like alphabet game, word search, fitness prompts, game, and more.
What Are Handprint Art Activities? (And Why Should You Do It?)
Handprint art activities are creative ways to enjoy special time with your kids. These types of art projects includes applying paint (or ink) to your child's hands (and fingertips) then pressing onto paper to watch the art unfold.
These types of art activities are totally awesome! A few reasons why you'll be so glad that you took the time to enjoy handprint art with your kids are:
- Little hands make it so cute but kids of all ages can get into the fun.
- You really only need a few supplies (which makes it so affordable).
- With a bit of simple preparation, the mess can be kept to a minimum.
- Such simple yet ways to make and enjoy special keepsakes.
- Wonderfully fun opportunities for your kids to safely experience creative expression!
If you're on the hunt for an activity that encourages your kids to slow down and focus, I highly suggest handprint art. There's something magical about seeing how your handprints and fingerprints turn out on the paper (and become transformed into art!).
And these printable handprint art activities are a perfect way to enjoy fall colors, too!
How to Enjoy These Handprint Art Activities with Kids
Do these fall handprint art activities look like fun but you're worried that your house will be covered in paint?
Here are some of my tips and tricks to make your fall handprint art experiences as enjoyable and fun as possible (for your kids and you):
A great way to make the most of this time with fall handprint crafts is to get your materials ahead of time. Suggested supplies include:
- Washable paint
- Foam brushes
- Paint brushes
- Newspaper or plastic tablecloth for quick clean-up
- Hand wipes, wet wipes, or baby wipes (to quickly wipe paint off hands and fingertips)
- Crayons and markers (optional, to add details)
- Large washable ink pads (if you really want to keep mess to a minimum, these types of pads keep the splatter down!)
Neenah Paper Exact Index, 110-Pounds, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 250 Sheets, White, 94 Brightness (WAU40411)Crayola Washable Kids Paint, 12 Count, Paint Set for Kids, Gift, Classic and Glitter PaintsCrayola Washable Paint, Assorted Colors, 16 Ounces, 12 CountWashable Tempera Paint for Kids - 10 Pack of Classic Colors - 16 oz Bottles, Safe and Non Toxic - Craft, Art and School Suppliesconda 50 Pack 0.5BOSOBO Paint Brushes Set, 2 Pack 20 Pcs Round Pointed Tip Paintbrushes Nylon Hair Artist Acrylic Paint Brushes for Acrylic Oil Watercolor, Face Nail Art, Miniature Detailing and Rock Painting, BlueMyboree Washable Large Ink Pads for Kids Crafts Projects Rubber Stamps 12 Colors
- Print extra copies of each of these fall art activities, in case your kids want to make more than one.
- Also, print these pages on white cardstock for added durability (and less of a chance that the paint bleeds through).
- Chat with your kids that each project will be unique and doesn't have to be "perfect" or look just like the example. Sometimes hands or fingers move - and that's totally okay. Talk about how you can transform their work into an extra special creation.
- You may want to use different fall colors (with orange paint, brown paint, green paint, or other color paint).
- When your children have completed with their handprint project, tell them to "freeze like a statue" (so you can wipe off their hands before they run around touching anything!).
- My #1 tip (which comes from my experience of being a full-day preschool summer camp aide): Have damp rags or hand wipes close by to easily wipe off hands (then send to wash hands at the sink).
What's In This Free Fall Handprint Art Activities Set?
This free set of fall handprint art activities includes a variety of styles with 12 blank and 12 examples (in color).
The 12 styles (with adorable autumn themes) include:
- 2 acorns (brown handprints) with leaves
- Fall handprint tree (brown handprint) with red, yellow, orange, and grown thumbprint leaves
- Cute turkey with different colors of thumbprints for feathers
- 2 red and white mushrooms (handprints) with green thumbprints for grass
- Sleepy owl on tree branch with red, orange, and yellow thumbprint leaves
- 2 red apples (handprints) with green thumbprint leaves
- Orange pumpkin (formed by handprints) on grass with leaves and snail
- 4 leaves (handprints in different colors)
- Sunflower (made out of brown handprint and yellow fingerprint flowers) and green thumbprint leaves
- Campfire (orange, yellow, red handprints) with logs, grass, and mushrooms
- Fox (with orange handprint) on grass with leaves and tree
- 2 ladybugs (red handprints with black dots) on leaves
These great ideas can also be used for Thanksgiving handprint crafts!
Get Your Free Pack of Fall Handprint Art Activities
Yes! You're on your way to having sensational fall fun with these activities with your kids! And the best part is that fall handprint art ideas can be treasured for years.
This free pack includes 24 printable (PDF) pages (12 blank and 12 examples in color) featuring fall handprint art activities.
You may print as many copies of these art activities as you’d like to enjoy for personal use to enjoy with your kids and family members. If you have a friend or co-worker who might like to boost their back to (home)school fun, please share this post. I truly appreciate your sharing!
To get this free set of fall handprint art pages, subscribe to Rock Your Homeschool.
You’ll receive an email with a PDF file, along with a password to open the Subscriber’s Library to all RYHS free printables.
AND you’ll get emails with ideas, resources, and encouragement to positively make life and learning fun 🙂
(Hey hey! Current RYHS members just need to access the Subscriber Freebies page and enter the password in your welcome email. If you have any problems or questions, please email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org)
How will you enjoy these fall handprint art activities with your kids? I'd love to see your fall handprint craft idea in the comments are below 😊