These playdough emotions activities are powerful learning tools for your kids.
With 15 different ways to learn about feelings, your kids will have a blast with these free printables.
Find out more about these playdough activities for kids and get creative ideas for using with your kids to boost learning and learn essential life skills.
Hands-On Activities Are Perfect for Learning About Emotions
If you'd looking for simple yet fun ways to help your kids learning more about feelings, you'll love these printable playdough activities.
Hands-on activities make abstract concepts, like feelings, easier to understand and apply to real-life situations, especially kids with anxiety.
When I worked as a mental health therapist with children (and with my own 5 boys), I often used hands-on tools, like playdough and coloring activities, to open up conversation and teach lessons.
Activities with hands-on tools also are awesome for reinforcing lessons presented in books, videos, and other printed work (like this free printable emotional regulation worksheet set).
Hands-on activities give your kids something to focus on while chatting about different emotions and situations.
Easily Extend the Learning Fun with these Creative Activities
With this free pack of 15 free playdough emotions activities, I suggest that you take steps to extend their use.
- You can laminate your printables OR use dry erase pocket sleeves so your kids can use these activities again and again!
- Use dry erase markers to draw unique and creative expressions
- Use those dry erase markers to practice copying feeling words
- Challenge your kids to think of different emotions - and create their own expressions
- Use these playdough emotions activities as conversation starters or writing prompts for simple words, sentences, or have your kids tell you a story and you jot it down for them
Get Your 15 Free Playdough Emotions Activities Pack
WooHoo! You're on your way to providing your kids with amazing hands-on opportunities for learning about emotions!
This FREE printables pack includes 15 pages of emotions activities with:
- I feel....PROUD
- I feel...WORRIED
- I feel...HURT
- I feel...LONELY
- I feel...EXCITED
- I feel...LOVED
- I feel...BORED
- I feel...SHY
- I feel...ANGRY
- I feel...SCARED
- I feel...SURPRISED
- I feel...TIRED
- I feel...HAPPY
- I feel...SAD
- 1 page divided into 2 half-sheets of He is (blank) and She is (blank) to go with ->
- 1 page of 9 faces with descriptive feelings words for kids to mix-and-match on the above half-sheets
That's a whole lot of hands-on learning fun about emotions!
You can print as many copies of these playdough emotions activities as you need to enjoy with your homeschool, classroom, or co-op. If you have co-workers or friends who may like to use these free printables, please share this post (and not the PDF). Thanks so much for your cooperation and sharing!
To get these FREE Playdough Emotions Activities Pack, subscribe to Rock Your Homeschool. You’ll receive an email with a PDF file, along with a password to open the Subscriber’s Library to all RYHS freebies.
Plus, you’ll get emails with ideas, resources, and encouragement to make life and learning fun 🙂
(Current RYHS members just need to access the VIP Resource Library and use the password in your welcome email.)
Get your Free Playdough Emotions Activities Pack by tapping here or on the image below.