Enjoy a 3D Christmas craft for an easy way to boost your holiday season!
This free printable set helps you make a super cute 3D Christmas scene. It's perfect for DIY coloring fun and more.
Find out more about this fun holiday activity and get your free pack today!
Easily Take Your Christmas Crafts to the Next Level
If you're looking for a print-and-go way to enjoy a Christmas craft with your kids, you'll love this activity!
As my boys have gotten older, I've tried to find new and creative ways for them to continue having fun with holiday crafts. When they were little, I could get away with simple stuff like turning a paper plate into a Christmas tree or making our Christmas tree toilet paper roll figures.
Why do I bother with Christmas crafts for my older kids? Well, I've found that crafts are fantastic ways for them to get into the holiday spirit. Plus, a hands-on activity can help older kids let down their guard a bit and open up about what's going on in their lives.
But, I don't always have time to plan and prep for Christmas crafts for teens and tweens. That's I'm so excited about this 3D Christmas craft full of coloring fun!
Coloring time continues to be a great way to connect with my boys. When we need a homeschool brain break, we often break out the crayons and other coloring tools. The physical act of coloring can be so relaxing. And it's a mess-free way to get creative!
This free printable Christmas craft combines coloring with creating a 3D craft that transforms into a super cute holiday scene.
And if you like this 3D Christmas craft, make sure to grab our free:
- Christmas coloring pages
- Simple Christmas craft featuring cute snowman
- 3 D paper Christmas tree for coloring fun
Learn More About This 3D Christmas Craft Activity
- Christmas 3D coloring instruction sheet with:
- step-by-step instructions on how to easily make this craft using the free printable template
- example of completed Christmas scene
- Foreground scene with sleigh, toys, 2 reindeer, and present
- Middle ground scene with Christmas tree, house, child looking out a window, and Santa on chimney
- Background scene with Christmas tree, stars, and Happy Christmas message to color
How to Make This Simple 3D Christmas Craft
The instruction sheet included in the printable pack really walks you through how to assemble the craft. I'm adding my notes here to the provided instructions so you can get a feel of what's involved 😊
- Print off the three sections of this coloring scene: FOREGROUND, MIDDLE GROUND, AND BACKGROUND.
- For best results, print out on thicker paper or white cardstock paper.
- Color all three sections.
- Carefully trim of all gray areas. When you print the pages on white paper, you can easily see the gray areas 😉
- Cut along the gray dotted lines to be able to fold the tabs.
- Fold all the side tabs forwards or backwards (as indicated).
- Read and follow the instructions on the tabs for information on where to glue each one.
- Work in alphabetical order: A1 will join to A2, B1 to B2, C1 to C2.
- If you work in order then when you come to E and F, the striped section will be in the right place to just glue to the front of the scene.
Also, you'll want to gather some simple supplies to make it an easy craft to enjoy for a fun project (especially with younger kids). I recommend having:
- pair of scissors
- glue stick
- coloring tools, like crayons, color pencils, and markers
Creative Ideas for This Christmas Coloring Activity
As I recommend with any activity or craft, make sure to gather your supplies before getting started.
We like to have a variety of coloring tools to choose from and enjoy. And it can be fun to mix up the types of tools you use on your craft for different textures!
Talk with your kids about this 3D Christmas craft. It can help to chat and process their ideas. For example, my boys had the incredible idea to punch holes in the stars and place their craft in front of a light source. It looks so cool to see the light coming through!
If you don't have a block of time to devote to making the craft, take it one page at a time. Work on the foreground scene when you only have a few minutes. Tackle the middle ground scene when you have more time to spare.
Consider adding special touches with materials like washi tape, small stickers, and glitter glue.
Crayola 24 Count Box of Crayons Non-Toxic Color Coloring School Supplies (2 Packs)Crayola Crayon, 24Crayola Twistables Crayons, Fun Effects, Gift for Kids, 24 Countfinenolo 36 Pack Colored Pencils for Adult Coloring Books, Soft Core, Art Drawing Pencils for Artists Kids Beginners, Coloring Pencils Set with Sharpener for Coloring, Sketching, PaintingCrayola Twistables Colored Pencil Set (50ct), Kids Art Supplies, Colored Pencils For Kids, Unique Holiday Gifts, Stocking Stuffers, 4+ [Amazon Exclusive]Crayola 588106 Washable Super Tips Markers, Assorted, 20/SetElmer's Washable Dissappearing Purple School Glue Sticks, 3 Pack, 6 grams Each (E520)Fiskars 5Elmer's Swirl Glam Glitter Glue, 0.36 Oz. Each, 31 Count
Get Your Free 3D Christmas Craft for Coloring Fun
Ho ho ho! You're on your way to enjoying a print-and-go Christmas craft with your kids! It's a simple craft to add to your Christmas activities for the whole family.
Please print as many copies of this pack as you need to enjoy for personal use with your homeschool, classroom, or co-op. If you have co-workers or friends who may like to use these free printables, please share this post. Thanks so much for your cooperation and sharing!
To get this FREE printable pack for a creative 3D Christmas craft, subscribe to Rock Your Homeschool with your email address.
⭐️ You’ll receive an email with a PDF file plus a password to open the VIP Resource Library to all RYHS freebies. Email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems!
Oh, and you’ll also get emails with ideas, resources, and encouragement to make life and learning fun 🙂
(Hey hey! Current RYHS members just need to access the VIP Resource Library page and enter the password in your welcome email.)
Do you have any questions (or ideas) about this 3D Christmas craft? Please let me know in the comment area at the end of this post.
Wishing you and your kids a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday season!