Fun Christmas activities are perfect ways to keep your kids engaged and excited this holiday season.
With just a few supplies and simple ideas, your kids will have a blast with all of this Christmas fun.
Check out these creative ideas and get this FREE printable 25 Days of Fun Christmas Activities!
Make the Countdown to Christmas Fun with Simple Activities
Got kids who are crazy about Christmas? Girl, I totally get it!
All 5 of my boys (yes, even my teenagers!) go cuckoo about Christmas. It’s like I have 5 lil’ Buddy the Elves in my home for an entire month.
Over the years, I’ve had to get very creative with focusing all that Christmas energy in a positive direction.
This year, I’ve put together this 25 Days of Fun Christmas Activities chart so it’s all planned out and ready to go. And, of course, I had to share this free resource and creative ideas with you 🎄
Tips & Tricks for Enjoying These 25 Days of Fun Christmas Activities
This free printable 25 Days of Fun Christmas Activities chart is on one page to make it easier to use.
Here are a few tips and tricks to make your Christmas fun even more special using these activities:
- Pick one of these options for using this chart:
- Use the chart as is. Go through and complete each activity in order.
- Chat with your kids and the activities on the chart. Plan out the order in which you’ll do certain activities and add that date to the box.
- Randomly pick an activity and go for it!
- Print multiple copies of the chart. Hang one on the fridge and have another in your planner. You can even give copies to your kids!
- If an activity doesn’t apply (or you’d rather skip it), no worries. Cover it with a post-it note and add activity that is more appropriate for your situation. You can check out our Ultimate List of Christmas Homeschool Fun Activities for inspiration.
- Make a checklist of supplies that you’ll be using. Better yet, have your kids help you make the list and get in some extra writing practice.
- Customize the suggested activities. Think outside the box. Make it as simple as possible. Tweak by using supplies you have. Need ideas for customizing? Check out these cool ones 👇
Creative Ways to Customize These Holiday Activities for Kids
On this printable chart, you’ll find 25 Days of Christmas Activities. Most ideas are flexible enough for you to add your own special touch or tweak.
Here are a few ideas that I have for tweaking (and if you have other ideas, please share in the comments area at the end of this post!):
- Make a DIY mini-pinecone Christmas tree. Some supplies to try are:
- cotton ball pieces
- pipe cleaner (glitter looks great!)
- string, yarn, or twine
- glue and glitter (roll the pinecone in liquid glue and then glitter OR just use glitter glue)
Acerich 2000 Pcs 1cm Assorted Pompoms Multicolor Valentine Day Arts and Crafts Fuzzy Pom Poms Balls for DIY Creative Crafts Decorations515 Pieces Christmas Pipe Cleaners Sets, Including 210 Pcs Pipe Cleaners, 154 Pcs Pom Poms,100 Pcs Wiggle Eyes and 50 Pcs Mixed Color Jingle Bells for Festival Decoration DIY CraftResinta 3 Rolls Christmas Twine Cotton String Natural Jute Twine for Christmas Gift Wrapping DIY Arts Crafts 984 Feet TotallyLily Sugar n’ Cream Variety Assortment Holiday 4 Pack Bundle 100 Percent Cotton Medium 4 Worsted Red White Green with 3 Christmas Patterns (Holiday 5)…Christmas Confeti Holly Jolly SprinklesTable Decorations for Xmas Holiday Party or DIY(1.5 OZ Red Green White)Sargent Art 22-1908 8-Ounce Glitter Glue Assortment, 8-Count
- Make a DIY snow globe. PBS Kids has a terrific tutorial.
- use a holiday snow globe kit
- get a pre-made snow globe and add to it
- recycle a baby food jar (or other small-size jar) then use cold water, glitter, drop or two of glycerin, small plastic figures)
Holiday Christmas Tree Decoration Decor Decorations Home Office Shatterproof Classroom (Bonus Bells) Plastic DIY Snow Globes Snowglobes Crafter’s Square Faux Snow40 Pieces Christmas Miniature Ornaments Resin Miniature Fairy Garden Dollhouse Decoration Ornaments DIY Kit Christmas Pendant Accessories DIY Snow Globe Figurines Christmas Decorations for PartyAuihiay 4 Set Clear Plastic Snow Globes Kit with Christmas Tree, Snow Flakes, Snowman for DIY Snow Globes Christmas Decoration CraftsCreativity for Kids 1846000 Creativity For Kids Holiday Snow globes – Makes 3 Christmas Snow globes for Kids (New Packaging)8 Set Clear Plastic Snow Globes Kit with Artificial Snow, Mini Christmas Trees, Snowman, Santa Claus, House, Red & White Rope for DIY Snow Globes Crafts Christmas Decoration
- Decorate a wreath.
- You can buy a wreath and adorn with decorations you own.
- Cut the center out of a paper plate. Decorate to look like a wreath. You can add:
- jingle bells
- Make homemade Christmas ornaments.
- Play a Christmas (board) game.
- Build a snowman.
- Color your favorite Christmas coloring book (or pages).
- Need some Christmas-themed coloring pages? Grab our free set!
- Make paper snowflakes.
- Start a gratitude journal.
- The Christmas season is a wonderful time to reflect on your blessings.
- Use a regular notebook or get a special gratitude journal for your kids to record what they’re thankful for.
- Make a Christmas cootie catcher.
- Our family LOVES cootie catchers. Such simple ways to have hands-on, interactive fun!
- Create your own or grab this set of Seasonal & Holiday Fun Cootie Catchers that includes a Christmas one.
- Create a homemade gift.
- Make Christmas cards.
- All you need for this simple activity is:
- paper (white printer or construction)
- color pencils
- washi tape
- All you need for this simple activity is:
Tru-Ray Construction Paper, 10 Classic Colors, 9Crayola Ultimate Crayon Collection Coloring Set, Kids Indoor Activities At Home, Gift Age 3 plus – 152 Count Blue, YellowDeli 36 Pack Colored Pencils with Built-in Sharpener in Tube Cap, Vibrant Color Presharpened Pencils for School Kids Teachers, Soft Core Art Drawing Pencils for Coloring, Sketching, and PaintingKESOTO Christmas Stamps for Kids, Self Inking Stamps for Christmas Party Favor Treat Bag Fillers Chirstmas Stocking Stuffers for KidsArtCreativity Holiday Sticker Assortment – 100 Assorted Sticker Sheets of Christmas Themed Stickers – Great Christmas Party Favors, Goodie Bag Fillers, Holiday Decorations for Boys and Girls Ages 3+
- Make gift tags.
- Be creative – Write your own Christmas story.
- Have some Christmas writing fun! Create your own story OR use our free Christmas writing prompts to get started.
- Make a Christmas Tic Tac Toe game.
- Draw a simple tic tac toe board.
- Use a pencil or hands-on items, like pompoms, jingle bells, Christmas mini-erasers, or other holiday-themed small figures.
- Play again and again!
- Make a marshmallow snowman.
- Enjoy a holiday sweet treat with this activity. Marty’s Musings shares some creative ideas for making one.
- Ingredients to consider:
- marshmallows (if possible, get different sizes to make a family of snowmen)
- frosting or peanut butter to help the pieces stick
- mini-chocolate chips (for eyes and buttons)
- mini-pretzel sticks
- pull-apart licorice
- graham crackers
- cinnamon red hots
- chocolate bar
- Write a letter to Santa.
- Your kids can add their list or just a “thank you”.
- Here’s a free Christmas activities pack that has a Letter to Santa template.
- Decorate your bedroom (or other area) with Christmas lights.
- Our family LOVES twinkle lights. In fact, I keep a set of multi-color lights up all year in our kitchen. I smile every time that I see them 😊
- What are of your home (or classroom) could use a bit of extra Christmas magic? Add lights there!
- Oh, and grab our FREE Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt to extend the fun!
- Build a gingerbread house.
- Use a kit.
- OR make your own gingerbread house pieces. We’ve tried this recipe and it’s great!
- Create a gingerbread house out of LEGOs.
- Don’t want the mess or stress? I feel ya! Get our FREE set of gingerbread house printables (in color and black-and-white) for print-and-go fun.
- Bake gingerbread cookies.
- Decorate Christmas cookies.
- Choose a Christmas movie for family movie night.
- Pick a movie that everyone can enjoy! PureWow shares this list of 68 Best Family Christmas Movies to Watch with Your Kids This Holiday Season.
- If you’d like some super cool movie night fun, here’s a free printable pack of activities.
- Decorate a Christmas tree.
- Have you got your tree looking all pretty yet? If not, go for it!
- If you have, no worries! You can still enjoy this activity.
- Use playdough or clay to shape a tree and decorate.
- Cut out a Christmas tree shape out of construction paper and decorate.
- If you need super simple, get this Christmas Activity Pack – DECOR to easily get started.
- CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS!
- Enjoy the special day with your kids. Bring out old traditions and try some new ones.
- Chat with your kids about how they’d like to celebrate – and add your own ideas, too.
Get Your Free Printable 25 Days of Fun Christmas Activities for Kids
WooHoo! You’re ready for some fantastic Christmas fun activities with your kids.
This free printable 25 Days of Christmas Activities chart includes 1 page (super easy!).
You can certainly print as many copies of this page as you need to enjoy with your kids, class, homeschool co-op, or personal use. Want to share with a friend or co-worker? Cool! Please share this post 🙂 Thanks so much for sharing!
To get this FREE chart of 25 Days of Fun Christmas Activities, all you need to do is subscribe to Rock Your Homeschool.
When you join the Rock Your Homeschool community, you’ll receive this printable PDF file in an email, along with a super-secret password that opens the vault to all RYHS freebies.
In addition to your freebies, you’ll get emails with ways to make life and learning fun.
(Psst! Current RYHS members just need to access the Subscriber Freebies page and enter the password in your welcome email. Then, find these free resources and more! If you have any questions or problems, please email [email protected])
What creative ideas would you add to this chart? I’d love to know how you’ll be using these activities! Please share in the comments area below and tag me @rockyourhomeschool!