Here we are once more with our favorite math character, Fred! In Life with Fred Butterflies Ch. 6, Fred talks about:
Other presented concepts include practicing addition to 9, telling time, skips counting by 5s, and collinear points (I know-really?!?-but the way it is explained works!)
C’mon along and join in our math learning adventure with Fred!
1. Sun Snack: We talked about shapes and astronomy during our snack time! Lots of fun-and learning-while we filled tummies!
2. Constellation Playdough Mats: I created these playdough mats for the boys to have a hands-on activity while learning about constellations. I printed then laminated the mats (I bought an awesome laminator at Aldis 2 years ago-best $20 ever!).
3. Constellation Lacing Cards: Another fun way for the boys to do a hands-on activity with constellations! Again, I printed out the constellation mats. I placed them up to index cards (hole puncher did not want to cooperate with paper plates!) and voila! These lacing cards are great for fine motor skills-and learning about constellations!
4. Number Words Cut & Paste Match: I created this game to give the boys practice recognizing and reading number words. I printed out 2 copies-laminated one and glued the other onto construction paper.
5. Shape Butterfly: Fun coloring page with triangles to count!
6. Telling Time Practice: Get out those Butterfly clocks and practice telling time up to 5:45!
You can find all of these lesson extensions can be found in our Life of Fred Butterflies Ch. 6 Planner.
We’ve been having so much fun with Life of Fred Butterflies! Make sure to check out these activities, crafts, and snacks for previous chapters!