Christmas Writing Prompts for Kids to Enjoy Holiday Learning Fun (Free Printables)
Christmas writing prompts are wonderful ways to add a touch of the holiday season to your learning fun.
These types of prompts can help your kids focus all that holiday excitement while practicing important skills.
Check out these creative writing (and drawing) prompts for Christmas time fun and get your free set today!
Positive Ways to Focus All That Holiday Energy
As the holidays approach, it feels like someone cranked up the energy level in our house. My boys get so excited about Christmas time and all that’s happening at the North Pole! It’s definitely one of our favorite holidays.
While I love all that excitement and enthusiasm, it can make it difficult to get my boys to sit down and focus on their homeschool work. Or anything not related to Christmas.
Instead of getting frustrated or giving up, I choose to use their interest in the holidays to my advantage. Although we enjoy an eclectic and relaxed approach to homeschooling, I still expect my boys to complete their assignments.
To make it easier and more enjoyable for all of us, I sprinkle a fun holiday twist on their homeschool assignments. Over the years, I’ve discovered that these small changes make a world of difference AND are positive ways to spark creativity.
What You’ll Find in This Free Christmas Writing Prompts Pack
As a mom homeschooling multiple kids, I like to have resources that can be used with a variety of ages and stages. In this free pack, I’ve mixed in Christmas writing prompts with drawing prompts.
Use these Christmas prompts in whatever way best fits your family or class. If you have different fun ideas for writing during the Christmas holidays, go for it. It’s all about adding holiday fun to your learning adventures!
This free set of Christmas writing prompts includes 10 pages with:
- 2 pages of writing prompts in color (with 5 prompts per page for a total of 10 writing prompts)
- 1 page (in black-and-white so printer-friendly!) of Ugly Christmas Sweater Writing Fun for a cool mix of drawing, decorating, and writing
- 1 page (in black-and-white) with writing and drawing prompt for a Magical Christmas Gift Bag (like Santa Claus)
- 1 page (in black-and-white) for writing and drawing fun for 2 Surprise Gifts
- 5 pages (in black-and-white) of writing and coloring fun for creating a layered Christmas tree for recording special memories, the best Christmas ornament, favorite Christmas traditions, and more
Overall, you’ll find 14 Christmas-themed writing (and drawing) prompts for holiday learning fun.
Creative Ways to Boost the Fun with These Printable Prompts
Want to make sure these creative writing ideas and drawing prompts are fun for your kids? Here are a few tips and ideas:
- Start your Christmas fun by using the creative writing prompts as conversation starters or story starters. Chatting about the topics (and jotting down ideas) can help your kids brainstorm.
- Provide a variety of writing and coloring tools. My boys love to pull over our homeschool carts full of supplies, like:
- Erasable pens
- Color pencils
- Kwik Stix
- Chalk pastels
- Oil pastels
- Cut the 10 holiday writing prompts (in color) into strips. Place in a stocking and have your kids randomly pick out a prompt to use that day.
- Play Christmas music in the background.
- Hang your students’ completed work around your classroom or homeschool space.
- Enjoy Christmas Fitness Prompts before, during, or after your holiday writing fun. These fitness prompts have holiday themes with excellent ways to get up and moving.
- As you get closer to Christmas Day, add different prompts with variations, like “What would be a modern way to decorate a gingerbread house?”, “How would the perfect Christmas tree look?”, and “What’s your favorite Christmas story and why?”
Get Your Free Christmas Writing Prompts Pack
Ho ho ho! Get ready for some truly Happy Holidays as you build writing skills. You’re on your way to enjoying special holiday writing fun with your kids. Such a great way to make the Christmas season even better!
This free Christmas Writing Prompts pack includes 10 pages with a variety of ways to make it fun to write and draw around the holidays.
Please print as many copies of this free set as you need to enjoy in the month of December with your kids, classroom, library, or other special event. If you have a friend or co-worker who loves to add holiday fun to learning, please share this post with them. Thanks so much for your cooperation and sharing!
To get this free set of Christmas Writing Prompts, simply subscribe to Rock Your Homeschool.
You’ll receive an email with a PDF file, along with a password to open the Subscriber’s Library to all RYHS freebies.
Plus, you’ll get emails with ideas, resources, and encouragement to make life and learning fun 🙂
(Psst! Current RYHS members just need to access the Subscriber Freebies page and enter the password in your welcome email. Please email Amy at rockyourhomeschool.com if you have any questions or problems.)
Get your FREE Christmas writing prompts pack by tapping HERE or on the image below.
Sending you Christmas cheer and wishing you and your loved ones an amazing holiday season filled with fun!
If you like this pack of Christmas writing prompts, you’ll love our other fun Christmas resources, like:
Free Christmas Tree Scavenger Hunt for Easy Holiday Fun
Free Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt for Holiday Family Fun
Christmas Word Search (Free Printable)
Free Holiday Fitness Activities for Cool Christmas Fun with Kids